Friday, May 25, 2012

Yummmmmzzzzz

Archie bought me some yummy Indian treats today at work, yes I actually made it to work today. Oh and since it is Memorial Day weekend I don't have to go to work on Monday. Three day weekend. Well back to the whole work thing, my boss was working on some other project so he wasn't really there so I saw him a total of about 20 minutes. Archie's roommate graduated last weekend and her parents came in from India and brought all these treats so I had Mysore Pak and Cashew Burfi. I love all burfies so I was happy. Also Archie's mom is sending her a package in the mail and she will be getting Coconut Burfi which I've never tried, but I'm sure I will love. I'm excited. In a couple of years when Archie goes back to India to live we've agreed that I will send her whatever American things she misses and she will send me all the Indian things that I miss. What a good friend.

Nisha got accepted into the Master's program at Texas Tech so she will be here with me one more semester dang my little sister is so freaking smart. She will probably have her master's degree when she's 23 and when I'm finished I will more than likely be 26. Maybe I will get a Phd or something.

My strawberry cake balls were amazing. They were sort of an homage to one of my favorite cakes that my grandma made. It's a cake that has a layer of strawberry cake, then a layer of chocolate cake with vanilla icing and coconut. Her caked looked so pretty. So I made strawberry cake balls dipped in chocolate with shaved coconut on top. They are so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment