Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Daydreamer

So I basically awoke from one of the most vivid dreams that I've had in a while. I just received word that I had been offered the job of cost analyst for a major advertising agency in New York City. I was packing up all of my stuff and leaving all of my friends behind to move to NY. Everything was coming together I had the coolest apartment in some trendy neighborhood. I had just made some quirky friends and we were having drinks in a trendy bar while I reminisced about Texas. Then all of a sudden a guy walks up and buys me a drink and begins talking to me. He tries to guess what it is I do in New York City and of course he guesses incorrectly, I then tell him that I am a cost analyst for so and so's firm on Madison Avenue. He then tells me to guess what it is that he does. I then guess the obvious, filmmaker, writer, yadda yadda. He laughs and says no, it turns out he is a currency trader and he's been doing well. We then leave this bar because I'm hungry. Oh by the way the guy's name is Stephen. So we end up in a little dinner and talk for the rest of the night. He walks me home and takes a gander at my amazing views in my apartment and of course we make out. He then leaves and tells me he will pick me up tomorrow at 7pm and for me to dress really nice because he scored tickets to this broadway show from his boss. I guess they were perks from the job. We then go to this fancy dinner and I actually meet his boss there, it was great we chatted and he seemed impressed. His boss asked him where did he find me and he tells him that I am new to Manhattan and I'm a southern girl thats why I'm so entertaining and charming and I smile, then his boss tells Stephen that I'm a keeper and he says I know. I then wake up....

Ugggghhhh this is a sign, I always thought that I'd be some kind of financial analyst working overseas for an American company, when I should just work in New York, and hang out in trendy neighborhoods and meet the guy of my dreams. I just have a bit more learning to do and I'm on the first flight out of this place.

I really hope this dream comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment