Saturday, March 26, 2011

Holi Festival

Today was pretty much a lazy afternoon until Nisha picked me up after she left work. We went up to school for the Holi festival and it was actually fun. This was my first time actually going to one, and after seeing everyone bright pink and purple last year, I decided that I was definitely not missing the opportunity in 2011.  I made some new friends, Free t-shirt "I survived Holi", watched some traditional Indian dances, and the best part Maharajah's catered so yes deliciously free Indian food. I was able to try a bunch of different things along with my favorite Samosas.





It was such a nice day today, that after we left, we stopped by Bahama Bucks for some shaved ice. Later we sat outside with the dogs and studied. I have a Russian Culture exam and Nisha was supposed to be studying Maya Archaeology but she was listening to BBC1 radio or something.

Everyone keeps wanting me to go clubbing with them, I know I'm 24 I should be out dancing and drinking with my friends, but I'm not the clubbing type. I actually hate clubs. Who would want to go somewhere thats full of people, drinks are expensive, people are bumping into you, it's dark and smokey, and extremely hot and there are shady people in there. I much prefer a bar, or my couch and movies with friends. I am such a loser.

I'm ready for summer
I still need to clean
I still need to study

I need to eat dinner now, Pad Thai it is

No comments:

Post a Comment