Monday, April 23, 2012

ugggg Mondays are so bad for me

Today did not go off to a good start, maybe it began with Sunday night. I mean my day was kind of sluggish and it didn't really kick off till around 9pm, so I was so far behind. I did back a yummy chocolate pudding cake with almonds, pecans, and toasted coconut. I will post the recipe later. Well basically long story short I didn't get to sleep until 1am. I woke up around 7 something for class, but I am basically not prepared. I only managed to take my laptop and water bottle. So I left my wallet, glasses, and no food. I'm going to be starving by 5pm when we make it home. I decided that I am going to make Indian food tonight so that is going to be good. Me and Nisha did go the grocery store finally after about a couple of weeks, when we realized we had no food in our house. She has decided after she graduates in a few weeks to keep living with me for another semester basically until December and get into a master's program in the spring. This really helps me out as in I don't have to look for a place to stay for a semester by myself, and I don't have to move all of our stuff. I was dreading moving in the first place. I didn't even know where I was going to go in the first place. Speaking of Nisha I need to get her a graduation present, so far I'm thinking of a card with money but thats so lazy. I have my last managerial economics exam this friday and then all I have is one project, a couple of quizzes, a bit of homework, and then finals.... Oh the coming weeks are going to be amazing. Recipe for the cake below. I love these recipe because for some reason I can never keep eggs in my home, and I am too lazy to go to the store and purchase more. Also for my vegan friends I'm sure you can replace the little milk and butter this recipe uses to make this recipe vegan friendly.
























3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups boiling water
powdered sugar, for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish or round souffle dish. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and 1/3 cup cocoa in medium bowl. Add milk, butter and vanilla, stir until just blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared dish. ( this is totally optional but I added sliced almonds, chopped pecans, and toasted coconut)

Combine brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour boiling water over entire mixture; do not stir.

Bake 35 to 38 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the top layer comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or just plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment