Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Yay I have sour jelly beans...

So I'm cooking us a great Easter dinner of Stuffed pork roast, sautéed spinach, sweet potatoes, and rolls, oh and iced green tea.  Coconut cupcakes for dessert.

Oh I am also currently baking my neighbor a chocolate pecan pie because she paid to have our lawn mowed and this is what I do. You do home repairs for us and we bake you yummy things.

Here's the recipe with pictures. It will be ready around 3:15pm

I did not feel like making the pie crust so I just bought one pre made.


The chocolate-pecan filling:
3 large eggs
3/4 cup  packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup  light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter, salted or unsalted
1 2/3 cups pecans
3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375ºF  and position the oven rack to the center of the oven.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, syrup, vanilla, salt, and melted butter.
Stir in the pecans and the chocolate chips then scrape the filling into the pie shell and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the filling puffs up slightly but still feels slightly jiggly and moist in the center.
Let pie cool completely before slicing.




No comments:

Post a Comment