Friday, January 18, 2013

This is what makes us girls

So as a twenty five year old, I feel that I am coming to terms with the things I love and the things I really despise. One thing I don't think I will ever stop enjoying is anything lemon. I am a huge citrus fan and I don't know why I love lemon so much (I'm weirdly lying in bed eating lemon cookies while reading a book that just got delivered {I will discuss this book later}) I want to shout it at the top of some mountain top.... I'm Jasmine and I love all things lemon.

Me, Nisha and my Mom went on a pseudo adventure today that involved us going to Wichita Falls to check on my brother... blah don't want to talk about that so we wasted half the day 7:30 am to 2:30 pm gone but we did managed to eat lunch together and discuss various topics.

I came home to find a lovely package for me that included two dvds and a new book. Which I am reading now. It's Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) I'm around 72 pages in and I feel like she is telling the story of my life....minus the Dartmouth education  and living in New York trying to make it big in the television entertainment world all while being a chubby Indian girl. I mean just replace Dartmouth College with Texas Tech University, switch navigating the concrete jungle of New York City with the construction riddled highways that plague the DFW metroplex, don't forget to change trying to make it big in TV with just trying to get any entry level job working in the financial industry and you have me in a novel. Oh and no chubby Indian girl just a chubby overly confident Black girl... we are on the same wave length that Mindy and I. So I'm finding a ton of inspiration to follow my dreams and all of that but why I'm really loving this book is that she is a normal person like me. Babysitting and all. I need to stop being lazy this gives me the motivation to continue to look for fulfilling employment and that I have stories in my life that need to be written down. Maybe one day I can have my face on a novel for people like me in the future. Thats crazy.



Is it sad that when my mom offers me money that I take it. I feel like i'm in high school but my allowance is much bigger and I do a lot less for it. I can't wait to have a job so I can be less inclined to accept her money... but who passes up free money. Speaking of money, I found 11 bucks today while I was in Wichita Falls just laying motionless in a prickly bush it was crazy. I believe God left it for me to find. I know that may sound weird, and I thought about buying movie candy with it in the theater (you know that movie theater candy is so so so expensive) but I'm donating it to a church cause. $11 doesn't sound like much but I think a food bank can make 55 meals or something that I read in one of those little mailers so that is what I am doing with it.

I bought a blazer yesterday, not the Chevy Blazer, I don't think they make those anymore, but a cute statement blazer. It was on the cheap so I don't feel guilty. I think i'm going to go buy hair so I can braid my hair later next week, and I may just put some burgundy in there. Tight!

My comedic hero




No comments:

Post a Comment