Friday, January 11, 2013

Job Hunting still a go go

I applied to around 10 companies today, I need money quick. Tired of mooching off of my mom for everything. I did make them spaghetti for dinner so that should account for something. I went to Denton with Nisha today and it's weird walking on other campuses and not seeing brown... brown dirt, brown trees, spanish tiles on roofs. I miss Texas Tech and it's beautiful campus. I know see how my fellow alumni feel when they leave Lubbock for good. Texas Tech will always have the tiniest place in my heart. Speaking of Denton... I hate it, full of hipster wannabes. I just about vomited every where I walked. Good luck to my sister, I know she will be counting down the days. I fall asleep thinking about future jobs, I'm actually getting nervous about interview outfits, and work attire. I'm starting to wish I had entered into an occupation where you were allowed to be creative, and you were encouraged to be an individual. I would wear the coolest outfit, but instead I will be entering the financial industry where you better be wearing black, navy, or grey and you better be in a suit and demand respect, and exude professionalism because thats how people expect their employees to dress especially when dealing with other peoples money.

I think I'm going to eat some spaghetti and watch more Deadwood

Oh tomorrow I may just unpack my bags and shoes, they are still in giant suitcases. On the 17th I will have lived here for a month, the time is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment