Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Funday

So I've decided that I need to start talking about all my cool thrift store finds, especially since I'm back in the DFW. Oh and maybe I can talk about new music too, while I have so much free time as I apply for jobs. Before I get started on the thrift store finds I have been having a great time I've been reading Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. I just bought the book at Half Priced Books at the steal of a deal price of $2.00. Yay I remember reading this book before and I have the DVD as well but I have the time to read the book over and I am happy that I bought it. Poor Francis, he had such a rough life. It makes me thankful for what I have.

So basically I drove to Lewisville and hit up some stores because I was basically looking for some cool items for my new place (hahah room in my parents home) I was looking for little Tchotchkes for my bookshelf (oh I'm going to repurpose a couple of things so I will try to do tutorials on those items) I found a sweet vintage owl but it was around $12, and I refuse to pay that much especially when I can get it in the clearance section at Urban Outfitters.

I know on one of my walls I want to do a crazy assortment of golden frames, a touch of Midas basically, weird but thats what I want to do, so let the collection of gold frames begin. I found this picture frame for $1.49 and the two little golden hexagonal mirrors for $1.99 each ( Super cheap )

Also I like collecting different mugs, because my friends like drinking wine, cocoa, tea, coffee out of crazy mugs. Besides thrift stores have the coolest mug and with a go through the dishwasher they are like new. This one only cost $.65! Yay me, I'm going to call this one Freddie or The Kruger

My most favorite find today is this crazy Aztec print pillow, it only cost $.95 that is crazy I would be willing to pay $10- $15 on some crazy website because I sort of like the tribal look of it. And I love having a lot of cool pillows on my bed.

I can't go anywhere without buying clothes, so I managed to buy this cool button up Chambray shirt that I may dip in bleach for a sort of Ombre look. I'm not sure, but the shirt was half off so it was $3.99 so I ended up paying 2 bucks. Score, I can wear it casually or dress it up with a skirt and some jewelry. So many possibilities.

I'm trying to experiment with making headboards out of cardboard, I think I have the idea. I didn't want to experiment with expensive fabrics so I bought this fabric which it really isn't the best fabric to choose it's sort of a jersey knit and it's see through. I'm going to go to Joann's and get some kind of Gold Brocade fabric.

Lastly music, one of my favorite things. I just bought Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. I've wanted this CD for a while and I had a 2 dollar mp3 credit on Amazon and they had the CD on sale for $3.99.

I also walked in the living room the other day and heard my dad listening to this crazy folksy, indie sounding music. My dad said he liked this band because it reminded him of some blues, kind of hillbilly rock. My dad also likes Arcade Fire... he's a weird old guy. The band is The Swell Season and the album is called Strict Joy. I listened to this CD with my dad and it sounded cool, something I would actually purchase myself. Me and my Glenn Glenn are so much alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment